Wednesday, March 19, 2014

BUFFALO NATIONAL RIVER TRAIL EXPEDITION!

I took this photo of my three companions, after we had completed our hike along the Buffalo National River between the town of Gilbert, Arkansas, and the bridge where Highway 65 crosses the river, a few miles upstream.  I had made the trip by canoe in the past, but never on foot, so I was eager to take part in the hike, when it was announced for the "Harrison Outdoors" group.  Because the trek included four miles of walking up and down the Ozark mountains, it was good for "physical training", so I am using this image as a reminder of one of my First Place 4 Health ( www.FirstPlace4Health.com ) memory verses that says, "Train yourself to be godly.  For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." I Timothy 4:7-8 .  If you would like more information about group outdoor opportunities in the area, email the founder of the "Harrison Outdoors" group at leslie.j.cleary@gmail.com .  The Ozark Mountains are a wonderful place to not only get physical training, but also enjoy God's great outdoors and see the magnificence of his creation!  It never ceases to give me "MILES OF SMILES"!!  Tricia