Monday, March 1, 2010

Tricia's Vancouver Olympic Adventure

I am all smiles before the start of the hockey match---proudly displaying my souvenir ticket, that also served as my transportation voucher

It was "thumbs up" for getting to see (in person, rather than just on television!) those Olympic rings lit up in the waterfront area of Vancouver

Getting to see the Olympic flame, after the officials had "loosened up" on the spectator viewing restrictions, was a great benefit to amateur photographers

You never know who you will run into at the famous Robson Square area of Vancouver. Here, I got to have my photo made with Team Canada goalie Martin Brodeur, who also plays professional hockey for the New Jersey Devils team. I have LOTS more photos, but I can only put four photos per blog post, so this is all for now. Thanks to everyone who was praying for my well-being on this adventure---our prayers were answered, and I survived!! I came away with the realization that the Olympic games are a good example of one of the First Place 4 Health memory verses (Psalm 133:1) that says "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" Miles of Olympic smiles! Tricia
Posted by Picasa